This might throw them off, so taking some time to come up with an answer is ok. Creative answers are common, so asking follow up questions can give more insight into their title choice. They should provide a list of what they’ve used in the past to be successful, and how each of them will contribute to remote success. You can see their technical aptitude through their answers, as well as experience with each tool.
Their lives often happen in different time zones and within different cultures, where different priorities and rules dictate how relationships develop. Honestly, I really appreciate the WWR’s resources and various blog categories. It’s insightful, especially the trends, statistics, and provides information about some world-class remote companies. This remote work blog has a strong social media presence and is one of the key twitter accounts to follow for remote-work related inspiration! It was started by Sara Sutton, Founder of flexjobs, and herself a strong advocate for permanent remote work. Finally, it’s important to foster connections through agenda-free, zero-work meetings and activities.
How to Build Trust With New Remote Employees and Keep Them Engaged
The Home Business Magazine is one of the oldest blogs in this list and goes back to 1994. It holds the distinction of being the largest website to target the USD 1 trillion home-based business sector. The content centers around raising money, financial management, telecommuting and business operations. Businesses that implement remote work policies see increased productivity, efficiency, and fulfillment from their employees. The team has been remote from day one and now counts 68 people across 25 countries. Flexibility, async, and transparency are deeply built into the way things get done in Doist.
Use the steps we’ve outlined in this guide to assess your company’s readiness to go remote-first. Then, once you’re ready to make the switch, invest in the right kinds of technology to build your ideal remote-first systems. If your workforce remote work blog is spread out across multiple countries, managing global payroll and benefits can be complex due to varying tax laws and benefits expectations. A related challenge is ensuring timely, accurate pay mechanisms in local currencies.
Best Remote Jobs: 15 Positions Ideal for the Virtual Office (and You)
Coworkaholic platform is founded by Mike’s spin who believes in working from wherever, whenever, and however. He loves the idea of making the right blend of working remotely, traveling, and efficiently using coworking locations. He personally evaluates several coworking stations/locations and provides a detailed guide for users. Nodesk began in 2015 with the mission to bring companies and people together https://remotemode.net/ in a remote environment. It contains articles, books, newsletters, company directory and a dedicated blog center called Intrinsic, which captures insights from the remote community as a whole. The navigation bit, i.e. finding these remote working blogs requires you to hit the search bar, but the content in itself provides a different, yet interesting perspective on remote work practices.
- Your company culture can only be remote-first if you deeply integrate all seven parts into it.
- A remote work culture is a culture that puts connection and sense of belonging of remote workers front and center.
- The key takeaway from this is that part of the benefits of remote working comes from flexibility.
- If you’re an employer, you can also fill out a simple form to post a remote job.
- “Remote work—whether temporary or permanent—requires a different skill set and type of experience than in-office jobs,” says Neal Taparia, founder of Unscrambled Words, a startup with a primarily distributed team.
So make sure to develop strategies for building a company culture that’s proactively inclusive of its international workforce. This could involve regular virtual team-building activities, recognition of various international holidays, and transparent communication across all levels of the organization. The main website is also a popular platform for finding your dream remote job, so you can easily access their resources while searching for jobs. If you’re an employer, you can also fill out a simple form to post a remote job. Remoters is a great place to discover all kinds of blog articles related to the remote lifestyle.
Using a global HR platform
For this answer, think about how technology is incorporated into your life and how you use it to make your life easier or better. So, mention your undying devotion to your MacBook Air or your obsession with podcast apps. Or explain how you keep on top of everything with a to-do list app, or how you keep your social media smooth as butter with IF and ThinkUp. By asking this question about the tools and situations, your interviewer wants to know if you are familiar with them and savvy about what to use when. They can also use this time to clarify any questions they may have and foster a good working environment amongst each other. If you’re new to remote work and want a guide to help you throughout, WWR is that friend.
- Allow access to tools that provide insights into remote employee engagement, productivity, and turnover so your company management can make informed operational decisions.
- The Australian software company adopted a “Team Anywhere” policy in 2020 that allows employees to choose between remote, in-person or hybrid work.
- It allows them to be creative, humorous, and give background into their own lives.
- This component of the remote-first philosophy is key simply because it’s quite easy to have a conscious or subconscious “out of sight, out of mind” bias toward your remote workers.
- Employers who implement employee recognition programs experience a more than 30% reduction in voluntary employee turnover.